Saturday, April 28, 2007

See if this works

So we just got here and are all probably suffer jet lag (except me because I'm an insomniac...and I slept on the plane). I don't know about everyone else, but I'm confused in all senses of the word. My Host family has three kids, Aran, Uran (the girls, Aran is in 6th grade and Uran is in 2nd) and Yuki (the boy, he's in 4th grade). They seem like wonderful kids, but they don't know English, and I don't know enough Japanese to hold a conversation. Lee (the mother) seems to be the only one capable of English, though her husband, Jun, understands me well enough. They are all very nice and I hope I learn quickly so I can talk to them and understand what they are saying. Everything is so different here, it's amazing! That's all I have to say, I just wanted to be special and be one of the first (maybe the first) person to send a blog. I hope I have the address right.


~Lyn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! Your host-family sounds interesting. The mom's name is Lee? I don't think it's a Japanese name...*shrugs*.

What part of Japan are you in? Seen any of the famous stuff yet?

Have fun and take alot of pictures so you can brag and watch my face turn green with envy. ^_^ Sayonara!

-Jenjen

LynsDad said...

Well let's see... you're an insomniac and you slept on the plane. Hmmm....

I'm glad you got there safely and happily. Yeah, I'm with jenjen: where are you in Japan? Post your address so we can check it out in Google-Earth!

Are the other EC travelers near you? Thanks for posting first. :)

Ja-ne,

- Guess who

Unknown said...

haha, k; now I feel less suspicious of the system w/ the 2 friendly happy comments up already. so Here I come.
somehow or another however I have an identity on here, and i didn't make one; weird/spooky. oh well.
so Japan must be awesome, you lucky ... lucky. lucky lady, luck be a lady tonight... right...
Mumsies went to Japan at one point.
well; it works.
too bad you can't converse with the kids, it's funny how that happens, I had a hard time talking with Benoit either (Bruno, my French Exchange from Froshie, 's brother.)
you can speak japanese at all though (insert face of envy), which puts you off better than the rest of the country (who're mostly too ignorant to appreciate going to Japan anyway).
be easy and have fun,
~Gabriel

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.