Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hello!

Hi all!! Sam here writing to let everyone know that I am doing great! My host family is amazing Yoshiko the mom is fluent (dad Yugi not so much) and she spent 10 years in the USA so her English is fantastic. I slept on a futon mattress last night but of course slept like a rock, big surprise. No jet lag yet still going strong despite our horrible turbulence on the plane yesterday. Went on a walk with Yoshiko this morning and her daughter (one year old SO CUTE) and went to the bakery and grocery store which was very fascinating. I'm learning a ton and still have lots more to do. So all is great and look for more posts when I can!!
Lots of Love,
Sam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sammer,
Glad to hear you made it there safe and sound. Sounds like your host family is nice and that language will not be a problem. Keep blogging and letting us know how things are going. Enjoy every moment!! We love you.
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

SAM! I'm SO glad things are going well for you! How are things with the 'personal bubble' going over there? :-P I want to see pictures soon!

Chips

Unknown said...

HI! glad to hear your safe. i am glad that the language isnt a problem in your house. im sure it will be very relaxing to speak english at the place where you live. please, please be safe and i miss you tons. HAVE FUN! - dave