Saturday, May 12, 2007

Finally a Post!

Hi all sorry I havent posted in forever the days have been going very fast with the time in Tokyo wrapping up. We leave for Kyoto on Monday afternoon and we get to take the bullet train! Hopefully we'll see Mt. Fuji! I've been to Tokyo Tower, Asakusa, Shibuya, the Imperial Gate, and Hopppo-en garden (my favorite one so far since we got to participate in a traditional tea ceremony, it was really fascinating, peaceful, and respectful of the natural elements).

Tonight though was QUITE an experience haha. I met a bunch of my host dad's family tonight since they had never seen a blue eyed blonde before. They flipped lol they were so excited to see me it felt like I was some celebrity at Christmastime or something. They couldnt stop taking pictures of me and every couple minutes "shes so pretty" and "look at her eyes/hair" and "stay with us next time youre in Japan." LOL it was so funny the nephew of my host dad is 24 and a police officer and everyone wanted us to marry tonight! lol he was sooo nervous and kept laughing and offering me food. We took a picture together to show his friends haha and he was like omg after the picture. LOL my host mom was like uh she has a boyfriend cause they were NOT letting it go. It was pretty much one of the best experiences I've had so far - I thought Japanese people were really reserved and kept their emotions in check 24/7 but I was clearly wrong with this family. They were super giddy the entire time and every time I spoke Japanese they all clapped and cheered. Dinner was loud and fun and I just loved every minute of it as I blushed and laughed too. Fantastic night it was so much fun and I had such a good time :) Only in Japan!!!

Keep writing comments!! Lots of Love,
~Sam~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL sounds great! I am glad they opened up to you. I could def see them clapping after you spoke :-) Miss you tons! - me

Unknown said...

ohhh yeah, i understand how they feel ;-)

Anonymous said...

haha that's awesome Sam! Thanks for the update! :-) -Chips

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol free shipping cheap tramadol online uk - tramadol dosage comparison

Anonymous said...

cheap 37 5 phentermine phentermine 1 month - phentermine online real