Sunday, May 6, 2007

Tired...

Ok, so i'm writing in because a bunch of people were complaining haven't posted on the blog recently...let me first say this will be long, and second (to my dad) i have to move the whole comp around half the time to get it to charge, other times there's no problem...it's getting really annoying so can i get it looked at when i get home for the summer?? thank u. Ok, here's my recap of the trip (for me) since tuesday...

Classes have been boring...Tuesday after class I went out with Britton and his host father and host father's daughter. His host father's first question when I was introduced was "is she you're girlfriend?" and he didn't seem to understand when we tried to explain we're just friends. I got a kick out of that. He's a really nice guy, kept saying i was cute and that I have a nice smile (and he said once i look 15, i do NOT!! lol) We got Britton a cell phone (which took FOREVER!! and they kept giving us tea, though it was really good). Then we went out to dinner to this restaurant Britton went to last time he was here, but he couldn't find it, then, by chance, he did. I can't remember what we ate (and even if I could, I can't spell it) but it was good. there was this hot stove thing on the table in front of us that they put the food on to stay warm, or cook or whatever, it was good, i took a picture of it. Then I went home and didn't sleep because my insomnia finally found me (i thought I had lost it somewhere over the pacific or arctic)..
Wednesday we met at 130, but I have to leave my Host House at 8ish in the morning because that's when they all leave and I don't have a key, so I wandered around and found a beautiful garden. Lot's of pictures of that, and one sketch of a tree later, I realized I had to find my way back to school (which took some time, I lost track of where I had gone). Then we had our trip to the TV station which would have been much more interesting (and it was interesting for me because I love the gadgets and stuff they use) if we could understand more of what they said. After that we split up, but I was really tired and just went home where I bonded with my host mother while I helped make dinner (by cutting carrots). Then I passed out around 12...
Thursday we had more boring classes, I don't even remember what the lecture was about (politics and history I think) because the speaker spoke in a very low monotone...very boring. I think thursday is that day that Jessica and I explored around a bit, but I'm not totally positive, it could have also been the day I went straight home after school...they all blend together sometimes...
Friday was fun because after class (just the language one) we had a convention thing with Japanese students our age. I made a few friends there who were really cool. I spent a lot of time talking with these two girls Sally and another (who's name I don't want to brutally slaughter with my attempt at spelling) and we talked about Rome and Ancient Greece (my fave subjects and my major =D) and Sally knew a lot because she's a philosophy major and reads a lot of their stuff. So we had fun with that, then I went home (most of the way with Jess which was cool)...
Saturday my host family took me to two shrines, one Buddhist one Shinto, I took a LOT of pictures, of course. One of the shrines was by a beach and we got to play in the water which was amazing, I miss the beach (note to parents, I want to go to Glouscester for a weekend soon plz!!) I also managed to get a sunburn without realizing it. Now it hurts like all hell, but before it was pointed out to me I hadn't noticed...It also itches which is really annoying because it hurts to itch it. Then I went to a baseball game with Yuki. It was a Central League game (they have to leagues, Central and Pacific) between the Giants (home team) and the Swallows (also a Tokyo team, but the away team in this case). It was played in the Tokyo Dome, which is f***ing huge! (edited in case there are young children reading) the Giants have the CUTEST mascot ever, though I'm not quite sure what it is. the Giants won, the Swallows didn't even get a run it, it was sooo cool!! the Giants have cheerleader who come out every three innings or so, and there was no 'boo'ing in the crowd, nor yelling at the Ump...and each team had a band in the crowd leading ppl in cheering. And when a new batter came up for the Giants they each got a theme song. It was incredible. By the way, Happy Bday to my mom on sat...
Sunday, today, a group of us (not listing for fear of leaving out Megan accidentally again her killing me in my sleep) went to the Ueno Zoo...it was soo funn!! the bears and birds and bats and kitties were all soo cute!!! unfortunately my camera died part way though because I forgot to charge it (it's charging now), so i'll have to bum pictures off of Jess and Megan. Sam was craving American food so we had McDonalds for lunch...not as disgusting as it is at home at least. Then we went to the Tokyo Dome City (which is a park/shopping place outside the Tokyo Dome) and Jess and I rode the ferris wheel (like the REALLY big one in England) while Kim, Abby, Sam, and Megan went elsewhere, not sure where. Jess and hung out, talked, and looked around after the wheel. I bought Noah, and the girls (my baby cousins) presents. Sadi, Clara, Kiki, and Jen are also taken care of. Go me! After all that walking and doing stuff all day I came home, and almost immediately left again for a second baseball game (which i just got back from, the Giants lost this time, 2 to 1) because Yuki wanted me to go with him. It's so cute, they call me "R(l)in-Onee-chan" which is big sister lyn in Japanese...how can I say no?
Anyway, that's it...my humongously long post. I hope this satisfied everyone who was complaining =P


~LYN~

1 comment:

LynsDad said...

Wonderful!!!

Since you've obviously gotten over your addiction to boring food I'm planning to cook all kinds of "interesting" things this summer. :)