Monday, April 30, 2007

First Day at School and the Train

Hello again!! So today was the first day at school with a 2 hour language class in the morning and a 2 hour lecture on education (this second lecture will change each day). It went really well our language instructor is very nice and has a good sense of humor. We got ramen at lunch which was NOT the same as US but extremely tasty. Thicker noodles here and extra veggies/meat added in. More like soup with tons of spagetti-like noodles.

Also had my first experience with the train system. Hm. haha I had two guides this morning who were not that great because they kept turning around and looking at signs. I think they were confused and their english was as good as my Japanese. The ride home though I did all by myself and DID NOT i repeat DID NOT get lost!!! That's right, me lol. I'm very proud but it was still stressful. It did however take me longer both ways than it was supposed to but I'm ok with that. Well gtg but just as a FYI to everyone I can receive emails but not send them (weird I know) so either send messages through facebook or keep checking the blog.

Lots of Love,
Sam

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sams! Soooo glad to hear you made it to and from school ok. Sorry about that pesky so-easy-to-get-lost gene that I passed on to you:).Reading your blogs faithfully-sounds like a good time so far. Miss you like crazy and love you much! Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

covering the underground system is the key to living successfully in any city, in my opinion :-P glad things are going well! keep the posts coming :-)

ps - on the trains do they really jam people in like sardines and poke them with rods? may sound silly but in London people always talked about it when the tubes were busy, as if that was supposed to make me feel better about being stuck under someone's armpit, hehe.

Chips!

Welcome to our Blog! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Welcome to our Blog! said...

LOL there are no rods but the trains get REALLY crammed during rush hour times but probably 90% of people sleep on the train and the other 10 are reading comic books lol. Very odd.

~Sam~