Monday, April 30, 2007

HEY!!

Today, as Sam said, we had our first day of classes. Our language teacher was really nice. She has a great sense of humor, though she's only our language teacher for 4 of the 8 classes. We had Ramen for lunch, a group of us which consisted of Sam, Britton, Jarrett, Jessica, Brittany, me and one other person who I know I'm forgetting and feel very bad about, but am too tired to think of who it was. Anyway, I had this spicy kind and it was amazing!! I had to drink a lot of water because it had a little kick to it, but otherwise it was very good. After classes a group of us went out exploring the area around our school. There were a lot of shops, and many bright shiny things. We got to see a Shinto shrine, and go and look around and take pictures, we saw a Buddhist shrine as well, but didn't go in because we were very tired at that point. Lots of wandering around.
I made it through the subways ok, but on the walk back to the house I got a little lost. Kiki's right, I do get lost going in straight lines ^^; but anyway, I was found rather quickly by Aran, one of the daughters here. She, Uran (her sister) and Yuki (her brother) seem to forget half the time that I don't understand a word they say and talk very fast at me. Everyone in the family is very good about teaching me things and making sure I understand things, though. Anyway, we had a fun day and now I'm going to be early because I am very tired from the day.

Ja ne!

Lyn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lyn see i called you Lyn.
Glad to hear you are having a great time and seeing the sights. We would love to see pictures if you can send them. Have fun and get rest.

Love Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

YO! You still didn't say where you are in Japan but I forgive you. =P

I'm still seriously jealous of you right now. You got to see a Shinto shrine? That's awesome. Try not to get lost next time and have fun!

Jenjen ^_^

LynsDad said...

So I gather from Meghan that you guys are in the Nakano-ku district of Tokyo. Are you all in that area? What is the name of the school you're taking classes at?

Come on!! Ellie and I want to know exactly where you are. If you won't do that, then post a long description of the street in front of your host family's house. We want a feel for it.

As your mom just said: "we're nosy" and we're really enjoying reading your posts.

Love,

- Dad & Mom :*